SEARCH

Sunday, January 24, 2016

At Home Weather/Health Warning



SPENDING THE DAY AT HOME? CAUTION!

"Snow drifts may have built up against your house during the winter weather and could block important vents.
To start, clear your dryer vent. If it's blocked, you can cause a fire in your dryer.
If you have a gas fire place or high efficiency gas furnace, be sure the vent outside is cleared.
And one other thing you may not realize -- do not leave your gas meter covered in snow. Gas meters have vents and if they're blocked, they can cause gas to leak outside your home. 
But don't use a shovel. You can damage the meter. Use your hands or a broom.
If you're headed outside to warm up your car, be sure to clear the tail pipe first. With the amount of snow we've received, covered tailpipes pose a carbon monoxide poisoning risk."
Remember to check theater two hours before leaving home, if you have tickets for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment